Whether a beginner or expert in surfing, paying attention to your surfboard is very important particularly when there is crack or holes to ensure it is safe to use and provides good performance. From ding to dents, simple bump to large repairs, polyester resin surfboard repair kits can take care of all these problems. It is worth pointing out that Polyester or PU as it’s otherwise know should not be used on Epoxy boards so make sure you get the right kit depending on what construction your surfboard is. Yakwax only stocks proven surfboard ding repair kits that cure clear so your board can look as good as new! Shop today online and get free UK delivery!
Owning different surfboards is not just about playing with waves every time you go to the beach but also learning how to look after them in order to extend their lifespan. Since your surfboards are your pride and joy, knowing how to take good care of them is actually a reward for yourself and essential for a true surfer to master.
Dings and cracks are just some of the common issues that a surfboard can occasionally encounter whether it’s on a rock, collision with another surfer or whacking your board against your body during a wipeout. Consider these six helpful guidelines on how to take care of your new or old board;
1. Make sure you clear out any dirt prior to fixing a ding
2. Sand the area that needs fixing including the surrounding area, this creates a key for which the new cloth and resin will stick to.
3. Let cure the correct amount of time and do not try to sand it before that time has elapsed.
4. Use masking tape around the ding area, this prevents excess resin spilling outside the necessary area of the ding.
5. Finish your repair with a wet and dry sand, this gives it a super smooth and near invisible look and feel.
6. If you see a crack, don’t use your board until you have repaired it. It can majorly weaken, stain and add weight to your board that cannot be reversed.
Shop online today at Yakwax for the very best Polyester Ding Repair kits on the market.